The Regional Government are responsible for implementing and regulating Covid19 measures for the reopening of businesses.
With regard to restaurants in Puglia the rules include:
- Access should be limited so that it is always possible to maintain the minimum interpersonal distance of one meter
- Customers’ temperature should be taken, anyone with a temperature above 37.5° C should not be permitted to enter.
- Sanitizing products for customers and staff should be available throughout
- Online menus should be available. Alternatively, laminate menus or print them on disposable paper
- Reservations should be prioritised (i.e. encouraged, though it is not obligatory)., especially if you have seats
- A customer register should be kept for 14 days (for track and trace purposes)
- There cannot be more customers than there are seats
- Arrange tables and seats to ensure social distancing of at least 1 meter. Distances can be reduced with the use of physical barriers (eg perspex screens)
- At the counter, ensure interpersonal distance of at least 1 meter
- If possible use the outdoor spaces: gardens, terraces, tables on public land
- Buffet consumption is forbidden
- Staff must wear a mask and regularly maintain good hygiene
- Customers must wear a mask when not sitting at the table
- The cash desk should be separated by a physical barrier, e.g. screens, or provide staff with a mask and hand sanitizer gel
- Encourage payment by debit cards, prepaid cards and credit cards
With regard to private lidos the rules are broadly the same, but in addition:
- Arrange separate routes for entry and exit, if possible
- Guarantee a minimum surface of at least 10sqm per umbrella
- Beach equipment not positioned under the umbrellas - sunbeds, deck chairs - should be at least 1.5m apart
- Prohibit the practices that compromise observance of the interpersonal distance of one meter
- People can practice individual sports that usually take place on the beach - e.g. rackets - or in the water - e.g. swimming, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing - as long as the interpersonal distance of one meter is respected
In practice, what you might find is quite different ... In the last 3 weeks we have walked into restaurants and lidos without booking. Very few customers have worn masks when not seated, if at all. At some of the destinations that are popular with Italian visitors no masks have been worn at all, with no social distancing respected at the bar or in the seating areas provided.
Family members are permitted to sit together in restaurants and in public and private spaces.
General advice for travellers to Italy from the Italian Ministry of Health (in English) can be found here.
Self-Reporting form for visitors
The Regional Government also require that visitors to Puglia must:
- fill in a self-report form,
- keep for 30 days the list of places visited and people met during the stay
This is a document that must be presented exclusively to the health authorities if you are involved in an epidemiological investigation to track the contacts of a confirmed Covid-19 case. In the list, all the places visited (bars, restaurants, beaches, cultural attractions, etc.) and the people whose identity is known must be recorded, in order to facilitate the mnemonic action in case of epidemiological investigation. At the end of the thirty days, the document, both in paper (a notebook) and digital (a note on IT support), can be destroyed.
More information including a link to the form can be found here.
In the form you require to declare the place of their origin and the municipality in which you stay and to keep for a period of thirty days the list of places visited and people met during the stay, it is specified that:
- For families, it is sufficient to complete a single form in the name of an adult representative of the family, specifying the number of the family members in the appropriate field.
- In the self-report form, only the municipality and address of the first place where you stayed must be indicated. Subsequent movements will be noted in the list of places visited.
- The self-report form must be completed for any stay that has included at least one overnight stay.
- The self-report form can be printed in hard copy or stored in digital PDF format and kept for the duration of the stay.
- The list of places visited is a confidential and personal document that must be presented exclusively to the health authorities if you are involved in an epidemiological investigation to track the contacts of a confirmed Covid-19 case. In the list, all the places visited (bars, restaurants, beaches, cultural attractions, etc.) and the people whose identity is known must be recorded, in order to facilitate the mnemonic action in case of epidemiological investigation. At the end of the thirty days, the document, both in paper (a notebook) and digital (a note on IT support), can be destroyed.
- The accommodation facilities will remind visitors of the obligations contained in the aforementioned order through the distribution of brochures or informational posters produced by the Apulia Region task force.
- The use of the IMMUNI app on the regional territory is strongly recommended, in addition to the tracking facilitation activities included in the aforementioned ordinance.
For info on Coronavirus call the public phone number 800.713931 active everyday from 8AM to 8PM.
From abroad: 0039.080.3373398.